Scott K. Butts, DDS
Meet Dr. Butts
Originating from Minot, North Dakota, Dr. Scott K. Butts is a family dentist, who has been practicing in the Triangle area for the past six years. Dr. Butts brings a unique perspective to dentistry by employing knowledge from his years of service in the US Army where he was a Registered Nurse for the ARMY Nurse Corps. His experience in the Army provides him a greater understanding of the patient as a whole with a commitment to excellence.
Dr. Butts education consists of a BA in Accounting from the University of North Dakota and a BS in Nursing from Syracuse University. Upon his discharge from the Army, he and his wife settled in Durham where he was a clinical nurse leader for Duke’s Cardio-Thoracic Operating Rooms. In 2004 he enrolled in University of North Carolina School of Dentistry to pursue his career as a general dentist.
- Call us at Avent Ferry Family Dentistry Phone Number 919-372-3400 to schedule an appointment.
- Get directions to our office.
- Download our Registration Forms
- Member of American Dental Association (ADA)
- Member of NC Dental Society (NCDS)
- Member of Raleigh Wake County Dental Society (RWCDS)
- Volunteer for with Wake Smiles (A program to serve the underserved or uninsured in need of dental care)
- Volunteer with the NC Baptist Men’s Dental Bus
Dr. Butts’ vision for his practice is to develop a lifelong trust with each patient and to demonstrate a unique level of care focusing on the “entire health” of the patient.
Dr. Butts and his wife, Maureen — a Family Nurse Practitioner at Duke, along with their twin boys — relocated to Holly Springs in 2009. During his free time, Dr. Butts can be found with family, friends, participating in outdoor activities, or playing basketball or football with his two sons.